The OWN IT: Building Black Wealth program is a private sector initiative designed to address and eliminate barriers to wealth building and homeownership for Black and brown families in Madison, Wisconsin. The pilot program — currently offered only to families, alumni, and staff at One City Schools — has two main components: education courses and down payment funds with very few restrictions.
- 48 real estate professionals have committed to be Ambassadors and donate funds
- 8 brokers are participating, making it easy for their agents to systematically contribute
- $500,000 has been raised for the down payment fund since April 2021
- 126 people have participated in the Wealth Building course
- 55 people have participated in the Homeownership course
- 10 families have been awarded a down payment grant
- 8 families have closed on their new homes!
Updated November 2022