EDUCATION FOR ONE CITY FAMILIES AND STAFF
We are excited to announce a groundbreaking pilot community initiative open exclusively to families and staff at One City Schools. The program – Own It: Building Black Wealth – is a two-part program designed to eliminate substantial barriers to wealth for Black and Brown families in the Greater Madison area. The program does so by providing two key elements: wealth building education and financial support.
- Part One consists of an in-depth education series focused on personal finance within the context of the barriers that Black and Brown families have dealt with for decades in Dane County.
- Part Two is access to significant down payment funds.
The educational programming and local community support make this program unique and sustainable. The program is free for all participants.
A team of Madison-area professionals in the real estate, banking, and finance industries have joined together in pursuit of a common goal – to empower, educate, and guide Black and Brown families towards homeownership, wealth, and financial freedom. We acknowledge the systemic racism embedded within financial systems, practices, and policies, and we are committed to exposing and eradicating these structural barriers.
What to expect:
- A Personal Finance course for One City families and staff starting in summer 2021- We will offer an information session to discuss best dates and times for the course.
- Relevant, engaging classes taught by local experts
- Down payment funds will be available in 2022, with a clear, upfront, and transparent process on how to apply.